Rehearsals will be Tuesdays from 6:00-7:30pm starting this September 2019. The choir will be conducted by Artistic Director Carrie Tennant.
Vancouver Youth Choir VOICES is suitable for singers who:
- are in grade 11 through age 24
- are passionate and excited about singing
- are looking for a choir with lighter time commitment requirements than VYC SENIOR
What to expect at your placement interview
NOTE: VYC VOICES does not require previous experience, however, we are aiming to have a balanced choir (Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Bass). For that reason, all interested singers are asked to participate in a placement interview.
Please arrive 10 minutes before your interview time. Your interview will last roughly 10 minutes.
What to prepare
All VYC VOICES applicants will be asked to:
- answer some questions about their personal strengths and backgrounds
- sing O Canada OR Happy Birthday OR a short a cappella song of their choice (a portion of a song is fine). There is no accompanist at the audition
- sing along with some vocal exercises to help determine vocal range
What to bring
- a pencil and eraser
- lyrics or music for your song for your own personal reference (only if needed)
AUDITION LOCATION: TBA (Cental Vancouver)